This is an invaluable opportunity for mother’s, to build in some ‘me-time’ and allow yourself to restore calmness and balance the new life of becoming a mum. Ideally, all new mothers would have a massage soon after giving birth, to help the muscles release muscle memory of labour and aid healing and spinal alignment. This massage can be done with the baby tucked up beside you or whilst feeding.
After childbirth, postnatal massage provides support and nurturing for the new mother. Muscle strain after labour is relieved, helping to rebalance the pelvis and spine, reducing stress hormones in the body. An essential treatment to give the new mother much needed time to relax and rebalance.
It is really important for new mums to feel comfortable. If you’re breastfeeding, your breasts may feel a little uncomfortable, so I recommend expressing shortly before your appointment. This allows you to truly enjoy your treatment and experience much-needed rest and relaxation.
If you do want to bring your baby, it is advisable to book a longer appointment to allow for feeding if needed.
The benefits of Postnatal Massage:
- Stimulates circulation which delivers more oxygen and nutrients to your body and encourages healing and recovery
- Helps to prevent post-natal depression
- Assists in regulating hormones and balance following birth
- Reduces swelling and eliminates excess fluid and waste products
- Alleviates residual muscular tension and aches following pregnancy
- Improves breastfeeding and milk production
- Promotes relaxation leaving you a happy revitalized mummy to a happy baby!
Book Your Massage Appointment Now
Please select your massage service and preferred date to book a session.