If mummy is treating herself to massage, then it’s only right that baby has one too, right? Long before a baby can communicate, they get to know the world around them through touch. Baby massage is an extension of this – it’s a nice way to calm your baby and regular massage can even help them to sleep better too (and who doesn’t want that?)
Book you interest to find out when classes are held or if you would like to book a 1-2-1 session, this can be available to suit you and your babies needs.
All of our classes are baby-led, which means that baby has the right to say ‘yes’ or ‘no’ to the massage each week, with no pressure placed on parent or baby. Our small classes are held in relaxed and comfortable venues, giving you an opportunity to relax with your baby as well as meet other parents and babies in your local area.
Dads and Grandparents are welcome too 🙂 – Baby massage isn’t just for mums, it also has a positive effect on the father-baby/Grandparent-baby bond!
When you join one of our courses, you will receive:
- Expert tuition from a qualified Infant Massage Teacher
- Small class groups of no more than 8 parents/babies
- Refreshments and time for a chat each week
We advise that babies are over 6 weeks old when they start a course and can join us anytime before they begin to crawl.
There are many benefits of baby massage for parent and baby, some include:
- Facilitates bonding and attachment
- Helps you understand baby’s non-verbal cue’s
- Relief from symptoms of colic, constipation, congestion and teething
- Helps regulate and strengthen the digestive system
- Increases circulation and improves muscle tone
- Promotes relaxation and better sleep patterns
- Enhances growth and development
- Offers multi-sensory stimulation
- Assists with milk production in breast-feeding mums
- Allows parents and babies to meet new friends in their local area
Group Sessions – £50.00
These are 5 week courses, each session lasting up to 1.5 hours, with no more than 8 parent/baby’s per class. Each week we end the session with refreshments and time for a chat or questions.
1-2-1 Sessions – £65.00
For those who would prefer to learn baby massage in the comfort of their own home, rather than attending a group session. This is a 3 week course with each session lasting up to 1 hour (travel costs apply).